Saturday, February 24, 2007

In search for a good technical site or magazine.

I'm looking for a good technical site with some interesting articles. I can hardly find any, i'm not looking for code only articles, but rather a technical site with a diversity of subjects concerning the different issues in the technical industry.

I also used to enjoy the Linux Magazine (hard copy), but it is no longer sold in Jordan :( This happened after the war in Lebanon, I presume the main distributor was in Lebanon. Anyways, its too costy (about 12 JDs) but really had a diversity of very interesting subjects. Ofcourse, they provide old issues for articles in their website at http://www.linux-magazine.com.

So please, if anyone knows a really good up to date website concerning Java, PHP, C, design articles, tools, components then please drop me a comment.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biso,
I come here for that :) , aside from that, I do 2 things and I find them very useful:
1. Google Personalized Homepage http://www.google.com/ig , choose "Add content" and search for any subject you wish, you will get a list of feeds on it, you can add a lot of providers then remove whatever you don't like. It's very useful and entertaining.

2. While the personalized homepage displays the latest article, Google Reader searches the internet and archives articles by subject, author, etc. So you can visit your account once a week or once a month and see all the articles of your choice that were published during that month.

The above can also help you find good sites and information providers to use later :)

Basil 3ibs said...

You made my day.

Thanks ya 3alooosh.

I used to go to digg.com for interesting technology news, but I believe now i have much more interesting resources.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sitepoint.com/
and also: www.technorati.com, search blogs for ur subject, and finally ma.gnolia.com (bookmark listing) u never know what others are bookmarking until u see it