Saturday, June 02, 2007

Who Said You Cant Learn Karate From A Book?

You can learn anything from books. A good book with good illustrations and a comprehendable language style can teach you anything.

The only extra large step you need is to continually practice. If you dont, then most probably you're dropping everything you've read.

Now wait a second, I know what you're thinking... but watch out for what I said; I said 'you can learn', but I didn't say 'its the best way!'. So lets face it, someone whom read a book about Karate will definitely know more than someone who haven't read (assuming both initially start in the same state).

Here's my evaluation of the different ways to learn ordered from best to worst:

1. Let an expert teach you, practice well, see what other experts teach, read about it, apply, understand the different schools on the same subject.

2. Let an expert teach you and practice well.

3. Read a book, and practice.

4. Read a book.

5. Do nothing.

Please note that I'm writing this post without any pre-research or good analysis on the subject. Therefore, please forgive my 'hardly scratching the surface analysis' (abbreviated HSTSA) on this subject.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3adi, kolna benhastes :)

Anonymous said...

hehehe :)

ساري said...

HSTSA-master,

I need to read more "personal" "non-technical" thoughts from my wise master.

Sary-Panda