Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Goodbye PHP. With Love, Basil.

I dropped PHP, in favor of wonderful JSP. Yes, yes and yes. After too many thoughts, and too many oooofss, its time my friend to start from the end.

Frankly speaking, I have about a thousand reasons why I dropped PHP. Half of them arise from the -ve's (negatives) of the PHP language, and the rest comes from the +ve's of the Java language and the wonderful Java programming mindset.

I wont name them here, you can call me on skype to discuss this if you like. But, I dont even have the time to complain about PHP in this blog. We had good times together, but at the end, leaving this language (from my perspective) is a mindful correct decision. The decision is not a religious one, I might still 'have' to use it in several occasions eg. quick small web-apps, hosting code, scripts, and current codebases.

2 comments:

Mahmood Abu Shaireh said...

NAAAAAH .. JAVA?
Waiting you "Goodbye Java. with love" post

Basil 3ibs said...

You never know.